Chancellor George Osborne presented the Autumn Statement to the House of Commons on 25 November 2015. This newsletter summarises the main announcements that may affect you, your business and your tax planning. For advice, please contact us.
At a glance:
- Doubling of Small Business Rate Relief extended for a further year
- New 3% stamp duty surcharge for buy-to-let properties and second homes
- U-turn on tax credit cuts
- New apprenticeship levy to be set at a rate of 0.5% of an employer's wage bill
- New powers for local governments to set business rates
- Record level of spending on new houses