Back to news list

Childcare Vouchers

Rothmans Salisbury are happy to advise on all aspects of tax and your accounts. If you have children did you know that you can claim childcare vouchers, which are deduced from your salary before tax, and use these to pay for any type of childcare? 

Although mainly used for nursery care, you can use childcare vouchers to pay for your children’s summer holiday camp as long as the camp is run by an approved provider.

The scheme covers any form of supervised activity that isn't provided during compulsory school hours and is run by a provider approved by an appropriate body such as Ofsted.

It is not just limited to nursery fees.

It also covers children until the September following their 15th birthday, so not just pre-schoolers.

Registered and approved childcare can include:

  • Childminders,
  • Nurseries
  • Pre-schools
  • Breakfast clubs
  • After school clubs
  • Holiday clubs

Even piano or ballet lessons can qualify.

If you need further help or advice on this please get in touch with us.

Sue Sullivan



Small Charitable Donations